In 2017 and in Lewes — the oldest freshwater pool in the UK — are publishing an anthology of exceptional new prose and poetry to celebrate the life aquatic.
The anthology will be edited by Tanya Shadrick (currently Writer-in-Residence at Pells Pool), Rachel Playforth and Rob Read.
|Tanya Shadrick, writer-in-residence at Pells Pool, Lewes|
We can only consider original writing in English, but authors are not restricted to UK waters: We are interested in work situated both close to home and far away.
Further criteria for submissions:
• Original material only. Submissions must not have been published previously in print or online , nor should they be out on simultaneous submission before January 2017
• Work should be double-spaced in Times New Roman or Arial
• For email submissions, use Watermarks in the subject line. Only one piece can be considered, and should be sent as a Word attachment to:
• You can submit work by post to Watermarks, The Frogmore Press, 21 Mildmay Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1PJ. If you would like your work returned to you please enclose a suitably-sized SAE. We can only acknowledge receipt by email, so for that purpose please include an email address with your postal submission.
• If you swim regularly at a particular lido or outdoor water, please mention this in your covering message.
• We are not able to pay for work accepted, but contributors will receive a copy of the anthology upon publication.
• The deadline for submissions is 15 September 2016
• Successful authors will be contacted by the end of January 2017
Alexandra Loske, Editorial advisor